|A pair of zebras resting in the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania.
I loved watching zebra run, walk and rest while on safari in Africa years ago — seems like a lifetime ago and in many ways it was. When zebras rest, they often do so like in the photo above. My first safari guide mentioned this pose and said zebras do this to look out for predators. Two sets of eyes can take in the 360-degree view.
When I see a zebra, I think of the zebras I saw in Tanzania and Kenya — friends looking out for each other. I consider my bloggy friends — especially writers in this way. Many have helped me by sharing information or saying, “Hey you have a huge typo!” I appreciate finding myself among such a supportive network of writers.
This week was no different.
I was pleased with the feedback I received from my guest post at Julie Hedlund’s Write Up My Life blog for the 12×12 in 2012 pre-published participants. I look forward to all the Tuesday posts in the series.
Plus, I received several awards this week. So instead of sharing one specific resource on this Thankful Thursday, I’ll share something about the writers, who shared their awards with me.
- Kelly Korenek — Land of the Librarian Adventures in Reading and Writing — Each week, Kelly introduces me to a new picture book for the Perfect Picture Book Fridays series. I’m never disappointed with Kelly’s selection. I loved this PPBF — Ruth and the Green Book.
- Beth Stillborn — By Word of Beth — Beth Stillborn on Writing, Reading , the Arts and Life — Beth is doing a three-part seres on copyright in blogging. If you missed these posts, it’s worth reading. Here’s one on Copyright and “Fair Use” in Blogging: Part Two, Others’ Content.
- Diane — The Patient Dreamer — Writer and Dreamer at Work — Patient Dreamer —This is the type of post I love, but I believe it speaks to supportive network. Diane was the victim of a “smash and grab” recently. Her computer was taken from her car. She received a lot of ideas on how to reclaim her work and it was a sober reminder to many of us to backup or email a copy of our work in progress. She shared her experience here: I‘m back in “Action” and wanted to Thank You All.
- Christy Farmer — Escpate to a Spellbound World — She’s a Southern writer. I’m going back to December to share one of her posts. I loved this one: How to Survive A Dysfunctional Family Christmas!
- Catherine Johnson — She’s a poet, picture book and middle grade writer. She often shares information about writing poetry. I enjoyed this one: Immersed in Verse and results of Giveaway! She also has a wonderful banner photo on her blog.
|An award from Kelly Korenek, Beth Stillborn, Catherine Johnson
|An Award from Kelly Korenek, Diane The Patient Dreamer, Catherine Johnson
|An award from Christy Farmer