The six-word memoir version:
I write. I read. I quill.
A little longer version:
- My writing career began with a classroom book project A Book About Me in the second grade.
- I am a twin.
- My first job was as a cake decorator.
- I knew I wanted to be a journalist early, so I contributed a weekly column to my local newspaper in high school.
- I am a dog person, but write about cats.
- I LOVE s’mores. Our family is always on the search for the perfect marshmallow. Pro tip: Try using a Peep! Yes, a Peep.
- I live in Georgia with my husband, son, a Vizsla, and a Betta fish.
- We named our son after the main character —a dog— in Garth Stein’s The Art of Racing in the Rain.
- I’m a paper quiller. Quilling uses strips of paper and glue to create art. In 2019, I challenged myself to quill every day and I did.
I earned the second place award in the Memoir Book category for In a Blink in the SouthWest Writers 2009 contest. I earned the third place award in Children’s Picture Book Category for Never Feed the Humans in the SouthWest Writers 2014 contest. During my journalism days, I earned awards for news, editorial, and personal column writing.
In 2011, an essay about my dog Eddie was among 101 stories published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Dog’s Life.
I’m proudly represented by Ana Crespo of East West Literary Agency, Inc.