- 81% of the population feels they have a book inside them . . .
- 20% would do a picture book, cookbook, etc.
- 6 million have written a manuscript.
- 6 million manuscripts are making the rounds.
- Out of every 10,000 children’s books, 3 get published.”
- – Jerrold Jenkins. 15 May 99.
- 3% make the ‘big bucks’ (these are the creators most people have heard of).
- 12% make enough to live on (and boy is that relative).
- 85% make under $10,000 to $12,000 a year.
Robyn Campbell writes picture books and middle grade novels. She lives on a farm in North Carolina with her family and assorted farm creatures. When she is not writing down at the barn, she is sure to be found on one of her horses or taking an early morning run. Robyn believes boys need more books and has several of them stirring and whirling in her computer and in her head. You can find her blogging at Putting Pen To Paper.